A delicious twist on this healthy vegetable. So good, you may want to eat the whole bowl yourself! A hint of maple, a hint of heat and some tangy lemon make these Brussels Sprouts taste so indulgent. The best part is with this short prep, you can let your oven do most of the work!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ½ lbs Brussels sprouts
- ½ lemon + 1 lemon wedge
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch red pepper flakes
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and cut brussels sprouts in half, removing out leaves and cut off stem. Place in mixing bowl.
- Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add maple syrup, juice from ½ a lemon and red pepper flakes.
- Pour mixture over prepared Brussels sprouts. Toss well.
- Roast in a glass roasting dish or on a cookie sheet (line with unbleached parchment paper for easy clean-up) for 18-24 minutes until tender.
- Remove from oven, place in serving bowl and squeeze lemon wedge over sprouts. Add a sprinkle of sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.