This is my favourite tomato soup recipe. It tastes so fresh and is perfect anytime of year. I love how easy it is to make. Minimum chopping and you let your oven and stove do most of the work! Ingredients:
3 pounds fresh tomatoes (about 4 cups, halved).
6 cloves garlic, peeled
2 small yellow onions, sliced
¼ cup coconut oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 cups vegetable stock
3 drops doTERRA Basil Essential Oil
1-2 drops doTERRA Black Pepper Essential Oil
Handful of chopped fresh basil or cilantro (coriander) for garnish (optional). Black sesame seeds sprinkled on top are nice too.
1. Preheat oven to 450F/230C.
2. Wash, core and cut the tomatoes into halves. Spread the tomatoes, garlic cloves and onions onto a baking tray. If using vine cherry tomatoes for garnish, add them as well, leaving them whole and on the vine. Drizzle with ¼ cup of coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until caramelized.
3. Remove roasted tomatoes, garlic and onion from the oven and transfer along with any roasting juices into a large stock pot. Add 3 cups of the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid has reduced by a third.
4. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth or a high speed blender. Add two drops doTERRA Basil Essential Oil and 1 drop doTERRA Black Pepper essential Oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. If freezing, let soup cool before transferring to freezer-safe containers.
5. Garnish in bowl with chopped fresh basil or cilantro & black sesame seeds.Recipe adapted from: vegangela.com